We provide data on various Korean literature events hosted by LTI Korea around the world.
2019 Korean Literaure Essay Contest in Japan
June 01, 2019 to November 30, 2019
Descriptions - 2 Languages
The contest was held for general Japanese readers from June to November 2019. Participants were to read and write an essay on Cho Nam-ju’s Kim Ji-young, Born 1982, Choi Eunyoung’s Shoko’s Smile, I Hyeon’s 1945, Cheorwon (1945, 철원 Cheorwon, 1945), Kwon Yeo-sun’s Hello, Alcoholics, Han Kang’s The White Book, or Cheon Myeong-kwan’s Whale. Of the 53 participants, nine (one first prize, two second prize, and six publisher prize winners) received awards.
2019년 6월부터 11월까지 일본 일반 독자들대상으로 진행되었다. 독후감 대회의 대상 작품은 조남주 『82년생 김지영』, 최은영 『쇼코의 미소』, 이현 『1945, 철원』, 권여선 『안녕 주정뱅이』, 한강 『흰』, 천명관 『고래』로 총 53명이 참여하였으며 9명(최우수 1명, 우수 2명, 출판사상 6명)에게 시상되었다.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.