“An Encounter with Korean Poetry and Fiction through Translation”
The Literature Translation Institute of Korea is hosting the 2021 Online-Offline Bilingual Readings of Korean Literature in nine cities from May to October. This year marks the fifth anniversary of Bilingual Readings, which was launched in 2017. Starting this year, Bilingual Readings has been reorganized into an annual event of the Seoul International Writers Festival with the twin goals of spatially expanding the festival, which had been limited to Seoul, to the rest of the country and communicating with people from a wider range of age groups through Korean literature to ultimately increase the readership of literary works.
Bilingual Reading events “Yeok-si (Translated Poetry)” and “Yeok-seol (Translated Prose)” bring Korean poets and novelists together with translators to read their works in both Korean and foreign languages. The events were designed with the intent to inform the Korean public of the current state of Korean literature, which is being translated into various languages for readers around the world.
This year’s Bilingual Readings will introduce children’s and young adult literature and writers to the public and also provide opportunities for reader participation, such as events for local high school and college students to translate Korean literature into foreign languages and to read their translations.
We ask for your interest in the Bilingual Readings, where you will be able to appreciate the depth of Korean and foreign languages.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : email@example.com
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.