윤 직원 영감은 젊은 시절 화적떼로부터 재산과 아버지를 잃은 후, 구두쇠처럼 산다. 그리고 자신의 재산을 보호해주는 일본인들에게 감사해 한다. 윤직원과 그의 자식, 손자 며느리들은 지금이 태평천하라 생각한다. 어느날 윤 직원은 손자 종학이가 사회주의 운동에 참여하여 경찰에 붙잡혔다는 소식을 듣고, 불한당 짓을 했다며 눈물을 흘린다.
This is a novel by Chae Man-sik, published in January to Septembers editions of Jogwang in 1938. Through the fall of Yun Jik-won’s family, which is festering with problems inside despite its peaceful façade, this work satirically describes the Korean society in the late 1930s.
1938년 <조광> 1~9월호에 발표된 채만식의 장편소설이다. 겉으로는 태평성대인 것처럼 보이지만 속으로는 곪아가고 있는 윤 직원가족의 몰락을 통해 1930년대 후반의 한국 사회를 풍자적으로 드러내고 있다.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.