2006년에 출간된 김언수의 장편소설이다. 제12회 문학동네 소설상 수상작이다. 작품은 세상의 진실을 담는 '13호 캐비닛'에 관한 이야기를 20개의 에피소드로 나누어 옴니버스형식으로 구성했다. 작가는 '172일 동안 자고 일어난 토포러'들, 잃어버린 손가락 대신 나무손가락을 가진 '피노키오아저씨', 남성성과 여성성을 모두 가진 '네오헤르마프도'들을 '심토머'로 부르며 이들의 일상을 기록하고 정리하는 화자의 이야기를 익살과 재담을 적절하게 섞어 소설로 만들었다.
This novel by Kim Un-su was published in 2006, and it won the Munhakdongnae Novel Award. Written in an omnibus style, the novel consists of over twenty episodes revolving around the mysterious Cabinet 13. The author tells a comic, witty tale about the narrator’s efforts to catalogue his notes on the lives of the ‘torporers’, who sleep for 172 days; ‘Pinocchio’, whose missing fingers have been replaced by wooden digits; and the dual-gendered ‘neo-hermaphdo’, whom he refers to as the ‘symptomers’.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.