In the 1980s, No Eun-rim considers even romantic love a sin and takes part in the labor movement with all her life to change the world. But in the mid-1990s, Myeong-u, a friend during the labor movement who has taken ill, come visit Eun-rim. Unable to overcome the obstacle of an affair in reality, the two eventually part ways.
This is a novel by Ji-Young Gong, published in 1994. It follows the lives of people who had participated in the labor activist movement in the 1980s after the movement has ended. With a compassionate gaze, it captures the dreams and despair of the youth, who have lived through a painful modern history.
1994년 출간된 공지영의 장편소설이다. 이 작품은 1980년대 노동 운동에 가담했던 인물들의 운동이후의 삶을 다루고 있다. 아픈 현대사를 겪은 청춘들의 꿈과 절망을 연민의 시선으로 담아낸 작품이다.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.