Seyoung lives with his mother. He has been waiting for his father to return home ever since his father left when Seyoung was little. His mother hangs his father’s favorite fish by the door, but there is no news from him. One day, a woman leaves her child with them, saying the child is Seyoung’s father’s. His mother says it is time for his father to return, and accepts the child without a word.
1998년에 출간된 김주영의 장편소설이다. 1997년 계간지 <작가세계>발표했던 것을 장편으로 출간한 것이다. 아버지가 떠난 집에서 어머니와 사는 소년을 통해 삶의 비의와 슬픔을 서정적으로 드러낸 작품이다. 아버지에 대한 그리움과 어머니의 고통을 지켜보는 주인공의 시선은 삶을 지속하게 만드는 것이 무엇인가를 되묻고 있다.
This novel by Kim Juyeong was published in 1998. It was originally published in the quarterly Writer’s World in 1997 before being published in book form. It is a lyrical depiction of the secrets and sorrows of a boy who lives with his mother in a home abandoned by his father. By portraying the main character’s longing for his father and his observations of his mother’s suffering, the novel questions what it is that makes us go on living.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : email@example.com
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.