Minjeong and Cheolsik are getting divorced, and before the final signing of the papers, Minjeong thinks about the women around her: her coworker Yeongmi, who was fired from her job after her divorce and the nasty rumors about it; and her own mother, who wanted to but couldn’t divorce her husband because of the children. In the end, Minjeong decides that she must put an end to her agony and pain by ending her marriage.
2017년에 출간된 김 숨의 소설집<당신의 신>에 수록된 단편소설이다. 작가는 이혼을 앞둔 주인공과 그의 주변 사람들을 통해 다양한 결혼생활의 양태와 실패한 결혼 그리고 그 속에서 고통받는 여성들의 목소리를 담아내었다.
This short story by Kim Soom is included in Your God, her collection of three short stories published in 2017. All three stories including “Divorce” are told in the first-person voice of the main character, who is a woman in the middle of a divorce, and the stories reveal the social stereotyping and discrimination against divorced women.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.