2002년에 출간된 은희경의 소설집이다. 표제작인 <상속>을 비롯 <태양의 서커스>, <내가 살았던 집>, <아내의 상자>, <내 고향에는 이제 눈이 내리지 않는다>등 모두 7편의 작품이 수록되어 있다. 작가는 현실을 기록하기 보다는 현실을 대하는 태도에 관해 작품을 써왔는데 이번 소설집도 그렇다. 작품에 등장하는 불임인 아내에게 버림받은 남자, 복화술사, 병을 치료할 돈마저 날려버린 사업가, 시골에서 도시에 올라온 소녀 등이 경험하는 사건들을 씁쓸한 웃음과 어쩔 수 없는 태연함 그리고 명료한 현실인식으로 그려내고 있다. 동시에 작가는 비관할 수 없는 현실을 딛고 오늘을 살아가야 하는 사람들의 슬픔도 함께 살피고 있다.
Published in 2002, this collection by Eun Heekyung introduces seven of her short stories including the title story “Inheritance,” “The Cirque du Soleil,” “The House Where I Lived,” “My Wife’s Box,” and “Snow Falls No More in My Hometown.” Instead of simply reflecting contemporary society in her work, the writer is more interested in the attitudes of people toward their present circumstances. She introduces, for example, a man who gets divorced by his infertile wife, a girl who comes to the city from the countryside, a businessman who loses all his money and is unable to get treated for his illness, and a ventriloquist. The writer tells her stories, funny and sad, in a distant and impassive voice, but her ideas are clear: we should look around and be aware of the problems and issues in us and in the people around us.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.