Seon-yeong marries her longtime boyfriend, Gwang-su. However, at an unexpected moment, their relationship cracks, and they separate. Meanwhile, Jin-u, who was cynical about love believing that it was a capitalist emotion, falls in love with Seon-yeong. Jin-u gets to know his new self through the love he had not believed in.
This is a novel by Kim Yeonsu, published in 2003. Kim Yeonsu uses his unique perspective to write about love, a long-standing topic in the human history. Based on the intertwined relationship between the main characters, this novel depicts a narrative about love “that is both present and non-existent,” which is worthy of being called an ontology of love, with a serious but light sense of style.
2003년에 출간된 김연수의 장편소설이다. 인간의 오랜 화두인 사랑에 대해서 김연수만의 시각으로 그려낸 작품이다. 주요 인물들간의 얽힌 관계를 토대로 '있으면서 동시에 없는' 사랑에 대해서 진지하지만 경쾌한 감각으로 사랑의 존재론이라고 부를 만한 사랑의 서사를 그려내었다.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : email@example.com
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.