The brothers returns to their hometown, K-eup, after receiving the news of their father's death. For them, their homeland was just something they wanted to escape and avoid. However, when the two brothers return to their hometown, they read their father's will and learn a family secret they had not known. As they trace the steps of their secretive father and the truths he had to hide, they begin to rethink their hometown and father.
This is a novel by Eun Heekyung, published in 2005. It was serialized in the quarterly journal Munhakdongne from the summer of 2003 to the spring of 2004. The brothers, who had left their hometown in search of their own lives, return after the death of their father, and take this opportunity to look back on their childhood. The author shows the changing meaning of hometown from a place where the brothers wanted to escape to a place with new meaning, and asks questions about the value of life.
2005년에 출간된 은희경의 장편소설이다. 2003년 여름부터 2004년 봄까지 계간<문학동네>에 연재했던 것을 출간한 것이다. 각자의 삶을 위해 고향을 떠났던 형제가 아버지의 죽음으로 다시 고향에 모이고 이를 계기로 어린시절을 되돌아본다. 작가는 벗어나야할 공간에서 새로운 의미를 가진 공간으로 변화하는 고향을 보여주며 삶의 가치에 대해 질문을 던진다.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.