The story traces the fall of aristocrat Yu Seondal from the Russo Japanese War to the start of the Japanese occupation of Korea. The story also introduces Yu Seokrim, who receives modern education and ideas.
1940년6월11일부터 같은 해 8월10일까지 <동아일보>연재한 이기영의 장편소설이다. 연재 중에 신문이 폐간되는 바람에 중단되었다가 1940년10월부터 1941년 2월<인문평론>에 연재가 재개되었지만, 검열에 의해 중단된다. 이후 작가가 월북 후, 1942년에 출간되었다가, 1957년 수정, 보완을 거쳐 재출간했다. 남한에서는 1942년판을 저본으로 삼아 1989년에 출간되었다. 작품은 작가의 유년시절을 토대로 농촌사회의 변모양상을 풍속을 중심으로 그려내었고 가족중심의 연대기적 구성을 취하고 있다.
This novel by Ri Ki-yong was serialized in The Dong-A Ilbo from June 11 to August 10, 1940. While it was being serialized, the newspaper was forced to close down, and the novel’s publication continued in Humanities Criticism from February in 1941; however, it stopped again due to censorship. The writer moved to North Korea and published the story in a single novel in 1942, and in 1957, he published the revised edition. In South Korea, the 1942 edition was published in 1989. Told as the chronicle of a family, the story is based on the writer’s own childhood experiences and the changes which took place in farming communities.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : email@example.com
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.