Yeok-si(translated poetry) is a multilingual poetry reading which engages with both poets and translators. For this event, poems selected by poets are translated into various foreign languages. First launched in 2016 as part of “The Culture Day-Meet theAuthor”program, Yeok-si moved its location to the poetry bookstore Wit N Cynical in 2017. Then in 2019, it began reaching out to a wider readership across the country, taking place in 7 regions including Incheon and Gangwon Province. From 2020, new approaches such as online streaming of the readings, the review video of each event are introduced to bring more audience in diverse way.
‘번역한 시’라는 뜻의 ‘역:시(譯:詩)’는 시인과 번역가가 함께 꾸미는 다국어 교차언어 낭독회이다. 낭독회에 오를 시는 초청 시인이 직접 고르고, 이후 번역가의 손을 거쳐 외국어로 재탄생된다. 2016년 ‘문화가 있는 날-작가와의 만남’에서 시작한 ‘역:시(譯:詩)’는 2017년 시집서점 위트앤시니컬로 자리를 옮겨 현재까지 이어지고 있다. 2019년부터는 인천, 강원 등 7개 지역으로 넓혀, 더 많은 지역의 독자들에게 다가가고 있으며 2020년에는 행사 실시간 스트리밍, 행사 영상 제작 등의 다양한 방식을 도입하여 문학 향유의 플랫폼을 넓혀가고 있다.
Hub Library Members Program Guide
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : email@example.com
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.