2019년에 출간된 박상영의 연작소설이다. 표제작인 <대도시의 사랑법>외에 <재희>, <우럭 한 점 우주의 맛>, <늦은 우기의 바캉스>가 수록되어 있다. 한국문학에서 중요한 주제로 부각된 '퀴어'를 다루는 이 작품집은 청년 세대의 삶과 사랑을 '퀴어서사'라는 독법으로 풀어나가고 있다. 이 중 <대도시의 사랑법>과 <늦은 우기의 바캉스>는 직접적으로 연결되어 HIV에 감염된 주인공과 클럽 바텐더 규호의 사랑과 이별을 담고 있다. 자칫 가볍게 보일 수 있는 성의 면모를 작품의 매력으로 끌어올리는 작품으로 평가받는다.
This novel by Sang Young Park was published in 2019. Composed of linked short stories, the novel includes “Jaehee,” “A Bite of Rock Fish, Taste the Universe,” “Late Rainy Season Vacation,” and the title story “Love in the Big City.” A work of queer fiction, which is an emerging genre in Korean literature, it explores the lives of a generation of young adults, offering a frank and engaging look at sexuality. Two directly linked vignettes, “Love in the Big City” and “Late Rainy Season Vacation,” depict the relationship between the HIV-positive narrator and Gyuho, a club bartender.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : email@example.com
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.