The story takes place in 1984. Jeonghun is on his way home with his dad when they get into a car accident. His father dies at the scene, but when Jeonghun finally comes out of a coma, he finds out that his father has been turned into a hero who jumped to his death in front of a North Korean spy’s car. To his disbelief and shock, Jeonghun has gained the supernatural ability to read people’s minds, and with this superpower, he realizes that people are trying to use him.
This novel by Kim Yeonsu was published in 2012. The beginning part of the story was first serialized in the literary magazine Put in 2008, and the writer published the final work with an ending under a single title in 2012. The main character gains the supernatural ability to read people’s minds, and the story follows the changes that happen to him. The writer points out that when life throws one a curve ball, what one should do is to seek the truth and discern it from lies.
2012년에 출간된 김연수의 장편소설이다. 출간 전, 2008년 봄에 계간지<풋>에 연재하다가 중단했고, 이후 출간하면서 결말이 추가되었다. 작품은 갑작스런 교통사고 후유증으로 사람들의 마음을 읽을 수 있는 능력을 가진 소년의 변화와 성장을 다루고 있다. 기이한 일이 일어난 현실에서 인간이 할 수 있는 것은 무엇이 진짜인지 찾아가는 일이라는 것을 작가는 말하고 있다.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : email@example.com
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.