Park Jae-ho, who lost his 16-year-old son at the demolition site, is imprisoned for murdering a police officer on scene without even having time to find the culprit who killed his son. After hearing that a police officer had killed Jae-ho’s son, his lawyer, Yun Jin-won, joins forces with another lawyer, Jang Dae-seok, and reporter Lee Jun-hyeong, who was covering the tragedy at the demolition site, to uncover the truth. Meanwhile, the police try to cover up the case by announcing that thugs at the demolition site killed Park Jae-ho's son. For the youth who lost his life in violence wielded by the public authorities, Yun Jin-won and Lee Jun-hyeong prepare a lawsuit against the state for fabricating information and concealing the truth about the boy’s death.
This is a novel by Sohn Ah-ram, published in 2010. It was adapted into a film of the same title in 2015. The author raises suspicions surrounding the deaths of two young men at the demolition site and denounces the violence perpetrated by public authorities.
2010년에 출간된 손아람의 장편소설이다. 2015년에 동명의 제목으로 영화로 만들어졌다. 작가는 강제철거현장에서 일어난 두 청년의 죽음을 둘러싼 의혹을 제기하고 공권력에 의해 자행되는 폭력의 문제를 고발한다.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : email@example.com
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.