Believing the promise that Jeom-sun will be his bride, the narrator works at Jeom-sun's house for over three years. However, Jeom-sun’s father postpones their marriage, saying that Jeom-sun is still too young. Unable to wait any longer, the narrator fights with Jeom-sun’s father. Saying that he will let them marry in the fall, Jeom-sun’s father coaxes the narrator to go and plow the fields.
This is a short story by Kim Yujung, published in Jogwang in December 1935. It humorously depicts the conflict between the naive and honest narrator and his father-in-law. At the same time, it keenly highlights the abnormal exploitation structure of landlords, supervisors, and tenants in the rural countryside in 1930s Korea.
1935년 12월 <조광>에 발표된 김유정의 단편이다. 순진하고 우직한 '나'와 장인의 갈등을 해학적으로 묘사하고 있다. 동시에 1930년대 당시 농촌의 '지주-마름-소작인'의 비정상적인 착취구조를 날카롭게 드러내었다.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : email@example.com
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.