The narrator lives on the money his prostitute wife earns. Then one day, after finding out that the cold medicine his wife has been giving him is actually sleeping pills, he leaves home. He walks aimlessly and reaches the roof of a department store, where he murmurs to himself, “Let's fly, let's fly, let's fly one more time.”
This is a short story published in Jogwang in September 1936. It focuses on the inner thoughts and feelings of a character who leads a morbid life in colonial Korea. This short story is significant in the history of modern Korean fiction in that it depicts the agonized inner world of intellectuals about a bleak future.
1936년 9월 <조광>에 발표된 단편소설이다. 식민지 사회에서 병적인 삶을 살아가는 인물의 내면을 다뤘다. 암울한 미래에 대한 지식인의 고통스러운 내면을 구현했다는 점에서 한국현대소설사에서 의미를 갖는 작품이다.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.