International Book Fair (Overseas)
Descriptions - 2 Languages
The Frankfurt Book Fair is the world’s largest trade fair for books. This annual five-day festival takes place in October in Frankfurt am Main. It began in the 17th century, and after a hiatus caused by the World War II, resumed in 1949. It attracts publishers from all over the world and serves as a platform for international copyright sales, negotiations, and exchange. Some 7,300 publishing companies from over 100 countries around the world participate every year, and the average number of visitors is about 275,000.
Official website: https://www.buchmesse.de/en
독일 프랑크푸르트 암 마인에서 매년 10월 5일간 개최되는 세계 최대 규모의 도서전이다. 17세기에 시작되었으나 제 2차 세계대전으로 중단된 이후 1949년부터 재개되었다. 세계 각국의 출판사들이 신간 도서를 소개하는 자리인 동시에 국제적인 저작권의 판매, 협상, 교류가 이뤄지는 현장이다. 매년 전 세계 1백여 개국에서 약 7천3백 개의 출판 관련 업체가 참여하며, 방문객은 평균 27만 5천여 명이다. 공식 웹사이트는https://www.buchmesse.de/en
Request and access materials
Hub Library Members Program Guide
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.