One day, the narrator’s Mother goes out with Father and ends up going missing when she lets go of her husband’s hand. Despite Father's efforts, the family is unable to find Mother right away, and files a missing person report. The narrator and her siblings each take turns looking for their mother, and in doing so, they come to think about her, whom they have neglected. Thinking of the wounds and sorrow that they’d inflected on her by taking her for granted, the family members look back on their lives.
This is a novel by Shin Kyung-sook, published in 2008. It was serialized in the quarterly Changjakgwa bipyeong (Creation and Criticism) from the winter of 2007 to the summer of 2008. It tells a story about a family in search of the mother through the eyes of her children, following the traces of the missing mother who goes missing after losing her grip on her husband’s hand on the subway. Each of the characters' thoughts about their mother are elucidated with delicate and detailed sentences unique to the author.
2008년에 출간된 신경숙의 장편소설이다. 2007년 겨울부터 2008년 여름까지 계간지<창작과 비평>에 연재했었다. 작품은 지하철에서 아버지의 손을 놓치고 실종된 어머니의 흔적을 따라가며 어머니를 찾는 과정을 자식들 각각의 시선으로 기록한 이야기다. 인물들 각자의 내면에 자리잡은 어머니에 대한 생각을 작가 특유의 섬세하고 정밀한 문장으로 묘파해내었다.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : email@example.com
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.