Si-bong and Jin-man become friends when they are beaten by caretakers at a mental institution. After leaving the facility, the two try to find a job, but it is not easy. Remembering that people are uncomfortable with making an apology after making a mistake, and the fact that the best thing they did at the facility was apologizing, they set up an “apology agency.” As their business of apologizing for people's hidden guilt and sins takes off, caretakers from the facility come and criticize Si-bong and Jin-man, telling them that their existence is a sin. That helps the two of them to realize the desires they have been ignoring, and they prepare to put it into practice.
This is a novel by Lee Kiho, published in 2009. It was first serialized on a web portal, and the stories were revised and edited to clearly highlight the subject matter when they were bound together in a book. The author has published works that take a fresh look at familiar problems with a unique style and form, and the novel At Least We Can Apologize is one of those works. It examines people's sense of guilt through the protagonists who “apologize” on behalf of others.
2009년에 출간된 이기호의 장편소설이다. 포털에 연재했던 작품으로, 단행본으로 출간하면서 많은 부분을 수정하여 주제의식을 선명하게 부각시켰다. 작가는 그동안 독특한 화법과 형식으로 익숙한 문제들을 새롭게 바라보는 작품들을 발표해왔는데, 장편<사과는 잘해요>도 그러한 작품이다. 사람들의 사과를 대신해주는 '사과 대행'업무를 맡은 주인공들을 통해 사람들의 죄의식에 대해서 살펴보고 있다.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.