As he digs through garbage bags in an apartment complex to save money spent on the volume-based garbage system, a man finds out various secrets that people have discarded and gradually becomes interested. Under the delusion of communicating with people he does not know through their trash, the man keeps on digging through the garbage and become absorbed in their stories.
A short story by Ha Seong-nan, which won the 30th Dongin Literary Award in 1999, was adapted into a graphic novel and published in 2003. The author’s unique and extremely detailed descriptions provide a glimpse into the lives of city dwellers who remain anonymous.
1999년 제30회 동인문학상을 수상한 하성란의 단편소설을 만화로 재구성하여 2003년에 출간했다. 익명으로 유지되는 도시인들의 삶을 작가 특유의 마이크로한 묘사로 그려내었다.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.