Shim Yeong-bin, a doctor, runs into Hyeon-geum, his old classmate, and has an affair. Meanwhile, his younger sister Yeong-myo, who married the eldest son of the president of a large corporation, suffers abuse from her in-laws. When her husband, Song Gyeong-ho, dies of lung cancer, her in-laws inflict even more suffering and pain on her.
This is a novel by Park Wansuh, published in 2000. It unfolds the story with two main plots—Shim Yeong-bin’s affair and Song Gyeong-ho’s death. It deals with the truth and hypocrisy in which things are evaluated by capitalist standards, and shows a deep exploration of human nature.
2000년에 출간된 박완서의 장편소설이다. 이 작품은 주인공인 심영빈의 불륜과 송경호의 죽음과 관련된 사건을 두 축으로 삼아 이야기를 전개한다. 자본주의적 잣대로 평가되는 진실과 위선을 다루며 인간의 본성에 대한 깊은 탐구를 보여준다.
The Hub Library Members Program helps member libraries to enrich their collections of Korean literature through annual book donations from the LTI Korea Library,
Membership Criteria :
1) Only one library per state or city can be accepted into the program.
2) There are no restrictions on the type of organization that can join but it must have a public library system in place.
Program Details :
1) Library submits official application. (Applications are received all year around.)
2) LTI Korea announces list of accepted members biannually.
3) LTI Korea and the members library discuss and finalize the list of books for donation.
4) Books are delivered to the member library along with a confirmation of receipt form.
Membership Benefits :
1) Members can build their collections of Korean Literature in translation.
2) Members can receive support for promotional events related to Korean Literature in the form of book donation.
3) Members can receive new release annually once they submit a status report.
If you have any question, please get in touch with us at the contact details below.
LTI Korea Library, 112 Gil-32, Yeongdong-daero [Samseong-dong], Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-873, Korea Tel. 82-2-6919-7755 / Fax . 82-2-6919-7759 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of personal information for sending newsletters
1. Please tick the appropriate box(es) below if you wish to receive our monthly email newsletters containing information on new titles and the latest news on Korean literature.
New translated Korean literature titles, author interviews, book reviews, news from abroad, etc.
2. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information (email) solely for the purpose of dispatching our email newsletters on Korean literature.
Dispatch of email newsletter
Until withdrawal of membership of termination of contract
[Right to refuse and disadvantage incurred thereof]
※ You have the right to refuse to consent to collection and use of personal information as listed above. If you refuse, you may have limited access to service provided by Digital Library of Korean Literature. However, your membership will not be restricted.