As the world’s only multilingual archive of Korean literature and related contents, the LTI Korea Library provides various types of resources from all over the world, including e-books and bibliographic information on translated Korean works, as well as introductory materials on Korean writers, and overseas press releases.
The Library, with its collection of translated Korean works across 41 languages, journals and magazines of Korean literature, dictionaries, and DVDs, is open to translators, academics, researchers, students of the Translation Academy, and the general public
|2001||Beginning as the archive of the Literature Translation Institute of Korea|
|2002||Surveying and collecting translated books of Korean literature (received from the Underwood collection of Yonsei University)|
|2003||Establishing the website that provides the bibliographic data of Korea's translated literature|
|2004||Uploading texts video and voice contents on Korean literature on the webpage|
|2005||Receiving exhibited 'Books on Korea' and materials that introduce writers from the Frankfurt Book Fair|
|2007||LTI Korea Library opened|
|2009||E-library website opened|
|2010||Translated book sharing project started in Korea (it ended in 2011)|
|2012||Overseas Hub Library Members program launched
Remodelling of library interior
Classification of the library collections and development of list guidelines
|2013||Book donation program at home and abroad was established and implemented
LIBGuide began that is E-library English Web service
|2014||Database for the names of Korean writers was established and provided
E-library system and website was reorganized
|2015||New E-library(Korean literature multilingual archive) website opened|
Hub Library Membership and Donation Program
Supporting and Holding Exhibitions of Korean Works in Translation
Official Database of Korean Writers' Names
- Through our Hub Library Membership program, we have successfully established a global network of leading institutions and research centers around the world. In addition, by donating translated Korean titles to major libraries and institutes, we encourage the establishment of Korean literatures collections.
- Using its multilingual content of Korean literature in translation, the Library holds special exhibitions both in and out of Korea. In addition, the Library provides various related exhibitions with resources on Korean literature. This way, we raise awareness of Korean literature among academics, overseas readers and the public, introducing them to the history of Korean literature in translation.
- As part of our effort to promote Korean literature worldwide, the Library has complied a list of Korean writers' preferred romanized spellings of their names, so that for each writer, one spelling variant could be used for all publications. With the "Official Database of Korean Writers' Names", it is now possible to search for a writer using all possible spelling variants of his or her name, in any language of your choice.
- Translated books in the field of Korean literature and culture/arts and original editions in Korean
- Periodicals on Korean literature and translated publications
- Language dictionaries and references on translation
- Videos that introduce Korean literature to other countries in the world
- DVD of original Korean literature, etc